10 Advantages of Migrating to Cloud and Avoid Risks
Modified: December 19th, 2018 |
Migrating data to the cloud is reliable, scalable, and highly available. But, it does not mean that the approach is right for everybody. This step to migrate data should be considered after thinking about it’s each and every aspect. For industries which have decided to migrate their data to the cloud, there are many factors that are to be considered like what are the advantages of migrating to cloud and the risks involved. After going through every factor, find out that is this beneficial for your organization? The post deals with all the elements which help you to decide what is right for you.
Promising Advantages of Migrating to Cloud
Moving data to cloud can solve many problems. Here is a list of some benefits which are offered by data migration to the cloud storage.
- When the traffic is increasing in the application, it becomes difficult to scale resources and meet the requirements.
- While increasing the effectiveness of any IT process, the operational costs are to be reduced.
- When the clients want rapid application execution, so they pay more attention to development and reduce the infrastructure overhead.
- The clients want to enhance their business area wise, but then it comes to mind that setting up a multi-region infrastructure and maintaining them, managing time, manpower, error control- will be a challenge.
- It is turning into a more difficult task and expensive to cope up with the increasing requirements
- It is essential to building up a widely allocated development team. The environment of cloud storage permits the distant employees to make use of the program and operate via the internet.
- A user needs to set down a disaster recovery system, but the problem is establishing it for the whole data center could double the cost. Also, a complicated disaster recovery plan will be needed. The disaster recovery plan of the cloud can be executed more quickly and provides a much better command over the resources
- Monitoring and improving underlying server software is a lengthy process, but it is a necessary process which demands contacts and oftentimes, sudden upgrades. In a few cases, a cloud service provider will automatically take care of this.
- Some of the cloud computing models likewise handle many admin tasks like database backup, periodic maintenance, and software upgrades.
- Capex to Opex: Cloud computing relocates IT expenditure to a prepaid model. This is an attractive plus point, mainly for startups.
Risks Associated With the Cloud Migration
While the hazard involved will depend mainly on the specific environment, there are some general limitations of cloud migration that should be considered.
- If the program saves and extracts very confidential data, a user will not be able to maintain it in the cloud storage space. In a similar manner, compliance requirements can also limit the number of choices.
- If the already existing setup is matching the requirements, does not require scaling, maintenance, availability, then it is not an intelligent decision to mess with it.
- If any technology on which a user is working currently is a copyright, and he/she is unable to employ it to the cloud legally.
- Some of the programs might undergo added delay while using cloud programs on the internet network.
- If someone else is in charge of controlling hardware, some of the transparency and control might be lost when a user is trying to find out the performance issue.
- The particular design and architecture of an application may not entirely follow distributed cloud design and therefore, may demand some modification before deploying them to the cloud.
- The cloud platform is a vendor lock-in: Once a user gets into it, it is really difficult to move from it and between the different applications.
Related Article: Benefits of Office 365 for Business, Enterprise and Personal
In the above content, we have explained the 10 advantages of migrating to Cloud. So, no doubt, moving the data to the cloud provides many benefits. But, there are some risks involved too. However, mainly the risks associated may vary from environment to environment. So, it has to be decided smartly, whether it is good to migrate the data to the cloud or not.